Updated as of March 2019
- Who we are
- Our commitment to privacy.
- How and why we obtain personal information.
- How we protect and share information about you
- How we share information about you with third parties
- Privacy Online
- Additional Information
Who we are
Campbell Williams, Inc., located at 110 Merrick Way, Ste 2A, Coral Gables, FL 33134
Phone Number: 305-441-1450
Our website address is https://campbellwilliams.com
Our Commitment to Privacy
Campbell Williams, Inc. is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and security of personal information about our current and prospective clients. Please note that certain details of this policy may depend on whether you deal with us through another investment or other professional, directly as an individual investor, or whether Campbell Williams, Inc. provides services to your employer or plan sponsor. The privacy policies of Campbell Williams, Inc. are reviewed annually. Our printed and online notices are then updated to reflect any changes.
How and why we obtain personal information
Campbell Williams, Inc. takes great care to protect personal information about you and when we use it, we do so with respect for your privacy. We may use personal information about you to provide general and specific advice, service and maintain your portfolios and accounts at custodians; process transactions for your custodian accounts; respond to inquiries from you, a designated personal representative, your other professionals; develop, offer, and deliver related services; or to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. Campbell Williams, Inc. may collect public and non-public personal information about you from any of the following sources:
- You or your representative on applications or forms (for example, name, address, Social Security number, birth date, driver license, assets and income)
- You or your employer or plan sponsor if Campbell Williams, Inc. provides them with investment consulting services or analyses
- Your accountant, lawyer, or other professional
- Your other (prior or current) brokers, banks, custodians and financial institutions
- Transactional activity in your custodian accounts (for example, trading history and balances)
- Other interactions with Campbell Williams, Inc. (for example, discussions with our staff or information you enter into our forms or websites)
- Information from consumer reporting agencies (for example, to assess your creditworthiness)
- Information from other third-party data services (for example, to verify your identity and to better understand your service needs)
- You or your representative regarding your preferences
- Other sources with your consent or with the consent of your representative
How we protect and share internally information about you
Campbell Williams, Inc. considers the protection of personal information to be a foundation of client trust and a sound business practice. We employ physical, electronic and procedural controls and we adapt these controls as necessary to respond to changing requirements and advances in technology. At Campbell Williams, Inc., we restrict access to personal information to only those employees and independent contractors (which have signed our privacy and Confidentiality Agreements) who require it to develop, support, offer and deliver advice and services to you.
How we share information about you with third parties
Campbell Williams, Inc. does not share personal information about our clients with unaffiliated third parties for use in marketing their products and services. We may share personal information with the following entities:
- Unaffiliated service providers (for example, custodians, securities clearinghouses, actuaries, marketing service providers, and other entities who may provide services to you, with or without Campbell Williams, Inc.’s direction)
- Government agencies, other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials (for example, for tax purposes, regulatory audits, or for reporting suspicious transactions)
- Other organizations, with your consent or as directed by your representative (for example, if you use Campbell Williams, Inc. as an advisor or prospective advisor relating to pension plans), or as permitted or required by law (for example, for fraud prevention). It is important to note that Campbell Williams, Inc. operates an “opt-in” policy when sharing personal information about you to unaffiliated third parties. Clients must agree to such information sharing in writing before it can happen. Completing an application for services to be supplied by a third party, such as account opening applications at Fidelity or another custodian is different. It is you providing your personal information directly to the third party. Furthermore, if we do provide personal information to a third party with your permission, that service provider is obligated to keep confidential the personal information we share with them and use it only to provide services specified by Campbell Williams, Inc.
Based on the nature of your relationship with Campbell Williams, Inc., we may exchange information with other third parties as described below:
- If Campbell Williams, Inc. provides or may provide workplace services to your employer or plan sponsor, such as investment consulting services or analyses, Campbell Williams, Inc. may exchange any information received in connection with such services with your employer or plan sponsor or others they may authorize.
- If you conduct business with Campbell Williams, Inc. through another professional, we may exchange information we collect with your other professional or with other professionals, which you or they may authorize.
- If you enter into an agreement with International Growth Resources, Inc. (“IGRC”) for other services, we may provide personal information to IGRC with your consent or with the consent of your representative.
When you visit Campbell Williams, Inc.’s internet sites, we may collect personal data other than contact information, technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet Protocol Address, pages visited, or average time spent on our websites or third party websites by you specifically. We may use third-party service providers to help us analyze certain online activities. For example, these service providers may help us measure the performance of our online website design and content or analyze visitor activity on our websites. We do not share personally identifiable information about our clients or prospects with these third-party service providers, and these service providers do not collect such information on our behalf.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you are a prospective or former client, these policies also apply to you; we treat your information with the same care as we do information about current clients. Campbell Williams, Inc. offers several options for accessing and, if necessary, correcting your account information. You may write or call us with your request for information. Specific Internet addresses, mailing addresses and telephone numbers are on our stationery and may be listed on your third party custodian’s statements and other correspondence.