Detail & Discipline
Effective, Results-Driven Investing: The Campbell Williams Way
Every investment advisory firm has its own methods and tools for supporting its clients to build successful investment strategies. CWI distinguishes itself from the competition by adhering to a level of client engagement, investment strategy customization, and impartial analysis and education that is rare in the industry. What are the components our signature approach?
A Thorough Assessment of Your Circumstances and Need Using Business Planning Tools
Working with the client, CWI uses its strategic planning models to create a range of possible business plans (investment scenarios) that cover different risk profiles, budgets, and return/cash flow projections.
Every CWI relationship with each client begins with a detailed review of the client’s current personal and financial circumstances. After covering assets and investments, debts and liabilities, current and expected income, regular expenditures, and any exceptional expenses, we then ask important questions which enables business-style forecasting that helps quantify your desired lifestyle, testing further possible lifestyles.
- What is your ideal lifestyle?
- What level of financial resources do you need pre- and post-retirement to live comfortably?
- Do you foresee large or irregular expenditures in the future?
- Who do you support or depend on financially?
- What would you like to leave to your heirs?
These discussions allow us to arrive at a “big picture” scenario with a clear understanding of the structure for future liquidity needs.
A Big Picture Investment Strategy that Satisfies Your Priorities
- Each client is walked through multiple scenarios that are forecasted to up to age 100.
- During the strategic planning process, the client is educated on the characteristics of each investment vehicle: asset classes, fund management styles, risk/return profiles, total return metrics, and liquidity reserves for cash distributions, among others.
- By the end of the strategic planning phase, the client has a solid understanding of different investment possibilities and can confidently choose investment strategies that will meet his or her financial goals.